The headlong rush to product design causes many products to fail. Product design is a process. And, much groundwork should be done before committing to design for manufacture. We suggest the following: 1. conduct a patent search to determine whether your product has a new feature that may ultimately be protected. This is particularly important […]Read more ›
You are here: Home / About
IdeaPrototype is a company specialising in affordable prototyping.
We create “funding prototypes” – aimed at proving concepts and exciting funders. This is the stage before “design for manufacture”.
We are also able to incorporate simple electronic components in to our prototypes.
IdeaPrototype was spun out of Sibanda & Zantwijk Patent Attorneys in 2007. The team includes:
– Monica Monsanto (industrial designer)
– Melissa Rabie (Mecha-tronic engineer)
– Paulo Lopes (patent attorney with MSc in Mechanical Engineering)
– Anthony van Zantwijk (patent attorney and Civil Engineer)
– McLean Sibanda (patent attorney with MSc in Metallurgical Engineering)
– Tian Klynsmith (metallurgical engineer)
Our main business is protecting ideas, so trust us to maintain your invention confidential.